Living in a small home or studio apartment? Got just one wall to set up your entire kitchen? Then the straight kitchen layout is ideal for you. It is the most basic and the simplest form of kitchen layouts in which all three kitchen zones line up along one wall of the kitchen. Want to get started with your straight-line kitchen design adhering well to the concept of aesthetics? Then get in touch with our expert interior designers at ZAD!Get A Quote
1. Has the most space-efficient design
2. Perfect for both small and large spaces and also studio homes
3. Its concise layout can save oodles of space
4. Can fit even the long narrow spaces
5. Can be expanded to occupy full length of the area designated for cooking
6. As it runs along one wall of the kitchen, the job of moving around the kitchen for accessing different zones never gets tiresome.
7. The hob, fridge and sink can be placed in close proximity to each other so that steps between these zones can be reduced.
8. With only one wall of kitchen cabinetry and a solitary bench-top to install, it is significantly cheaper than any other kitchen layout.
9. Its succinct layout reduces the cost of manufacturing and also installation, which, in turn, makes the straight kitchen budget-friendly.
10. Offers uninterrupted countertop surface as all major components are arrayed along one single wall
11. Since the size of the straight kitchen is compact, all the kitchen ingredients can be placed within an arm’s distance.
12. As it is linear, the straight kitchen is the most convenient and comfortable layout for an easy cooking process.
13. The openness of the straight kitchen prevents the cook from feeling claustrophobic.
14. Can act as a secondary kitchen in large homes and villas
15. Extremely convenient to use
16. Works well for open floor plans
17. Can be easily merged with modern dining spaces and living room
18. As it is a highly practical layout, it keeps the workflow running smoothly.
19. With minimal accessing time, this layout turns out to be a highly productive one.
20. Best suited for non-busy kitchens
21. Allows the cook to work efficiently
22. Comes with a sleek design and smart functionality
23. The inclusion of sliding and pocket doors can increase the storage place and also reduce the visible clutter.
24. Best for people who use their culinary spaces infrequently due to regular dine out
25. It also makes a great choice for homeowners who go with “less is more” policy.
1. If space allows, adding an auxiliary island can provide some extra storage and prep space and also plenty of countertop surface which can be utilized for dry works and chopping works.
2. When designed as a large scale kitchen, the straight kitchen can open some space to the dining table and effortlessly feature a dine-in area.
Though you may gravitate towards installing a straight kitchen for your home, driven by its benefits, you will have to deal with a myriad of problems like difficult surfaces, different corners and edges, incorrect windows and a lot more - all making your kitchen design process completely exhausting. What makes things further worse is upgrades in hardware, accessories, colours and finishes. With options close to countless, settling on a specific choice that matches your personal preferences and budget is extremely hard. Fret not. Let our team of expert interior designers help you in creating a straight kitchen that you have always envisioned for your home. We are just a click away; tap on us and get started today.
I chose ZAD Interiors because of their commitment to create a transparent process and sticking to deadlines. Their design ideas, coupled with their space planning concepts really helped to uplift the design of our home. Much appreciated and thankful.
We wanted to design a cafe which really showed our beliefs and ideas of creating a relaxing ambience for our customers. ZAD was able to nail the brief perfectly and even went a step ahead to brainstorm space planning that improved cafe customer experience. I am happy to be associated with such a company.
The hallmark of a good interior design studio is their sensitivity and ability to empathise with client needs. ZAD Interiors excels in these and has helped us in creating our dream home in New Town.